I Found A Way !!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ZAnwar, Jun 24, 2002.

1. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

Before I posted a thread on by passing the school security system to install Trillian or MSN Messenger, the thread was called 'School Restrictions'.

I found out that I cannot download files with the extension, .exe !

Does anybody know where I can download Trillian or Messenger as a zip file from ???
  2. Gogs

Gogs Guest

Try changing extension when saving then renaming after download
  3. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

If I could do that, then I wouldn't of needed to change the extension.

I can't even download it, by getting it to the Save To screen !!!
  4. Adre

Adre Guest

Is it really necessary you install a chatting program? You can't wait until you get home?
  5. J0sh

J0sh Guest

Why don't you just d/l it at home, zip it up, and host it on a website somewhere?
  6. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

Amstelveen, The Netherlands
    Download trillian or messenger at home.
    Zip the program and upload it to the web. Something like yahoo briefcase and when you're at school download it from there as a zip.

Or easier put the program on a floppy and install it. :)
  7. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

Amstelveen, The Netherlands
    JOsh that was my idea!!

Why are you faster than me ;) :(
  8. Daedalus

Daedalus Guest

Our system @ school blocks the following extensions from being downloaded from the net: .exe .zip .mp3 all i do, is find the file i want, download it at home, and change the extension to something else that can be downloaded, for instance .doc or .txt, then all I have to do is upload it to some webspace, and I can download it at school (remembering to right-click and choose Save target as..) in explorer, and I can download it, and use the msdos rename command to re-set the extension. it works :D
  9. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

I am currently building a site, but does anyone have DSL and can upload it somewhere for me to download it from. ( remember, should be a .zip or .txt please )

10. sharpton

sharpton Guest

there are 1,000s of free sites that offer free web space.

Sharpton Out
  11. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

12. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

thanks xsk8zerox, i will just have to bring it on CD.