Huge Windows problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by lieb39, Aug 30, 2003.

1. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

I was doing the Windows XP Crashed? tutorial, when i came across this;

The file didn't exist, so I just copied my orginal file from \windows\tmp (See tutorial on where this came from) and i just did the other files like the tutorial said.

now i get an error when starting windows, but its too fast to read and the computer just reboots. i try getting into the recovery console but the security file is changed, and now the passwords are different. does anyone know the administrator password for this file now? the old password doesn't work and i can't change the file anymore! help!!!!

-lieb39

2. lieb39

I'll try the ARP. My day is really bad. And now my desktop is acting funny... both of them.:mad:

3. lieb39

My day just got worse. Now it's asking for the Windows Automated System Recovery Disk into the floppy drive. It's a laptop, I don't have a disk like that, I don't have a floppy drive. Now what? :mad:

Edit: You know what? Honestly I just need to get my Office 2003 Beta 2 Email files out of there... How it's done doesn't matter. I just need to know what files, how to get there, send them through the network and than I will format. That's all I need. Anyone?

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

If it is a fat32 file system you could use a 98 floppy boot disk then copy the files to a floppy. All you need to know is where the store folder is for Office 2003 emails.

5. lieb39

I just installed XP pro over my old one, than copied all my files i needed to, reformated and now im running a fresh system. I like being clean lol, plus it was past my 3 months... every 3 months comes a new install of windows or a format..

6. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Yep that will do it. :D