htpc remote

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Taurus, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

helping someone look for a remote one would use for an htpc (home theater pc). RF would be nice but IR is good too. usb connection for the receiver preferred. ideally we're looking for one with a directional pad so you can contol the cursor and basically do away with the mouse entirely.

SoundGraph has the iMON which is IR and the receiver is sort of ugly.

ATI has the Remote Wonder but it's getting old and it's not clear if it only works with radeons or not.

and they're both kinda pricey. anyways, it'd be nice to find some other options. thanks. }:>

2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

ATI will be having a new version of the Remote Wonder out soon. May be out already
    and
    I can highly recommend stuff from http://www.gyration.com/

I've used it in corporate conference room installs and works great.

3. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

I can pledge for the ATi Remote Wonder. I love it.

The Remote Wonder II won't be available in any quantities for a while.
    Also it doesn't really seem too dated. ATi is continuing driver development, and the remote works in a wide variety of programs! it's also RF... great product

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

oh, so the remote wonder II is still very new and that's why it can't be found. i assumed it only came with new AIW cards. do we know if the first RW works with any video card? i would think it would but ATI says, "Compatible with all RADEON graphics products", though it doesn't list a radeon in the requirements.

thanks for the link, dreamliner... and for the testimony, goatman. [​IMG]

5. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

it's got nothing to do with your graphics card, so it should work