HTML Help

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by ReC0iL, May 31, 2003.

1. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Ok, this is my website:

www.recs-shack.tk

Well I am having trouble with getting my tables where I want them. Ok You should see my Affilates table inside my Navigation table. What I want to do is move my Affilates table to the right side of my site. Parallel to my Navigation table but still with my News & Updates tables in the middle. I can't figure out how to do that.. Can anyone help me?

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

It's not hard. Change this (last in code):

Code:
          </table>
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>
    <br>
    <br>
    </body>
    </html>
    Into this:

Code:
          </table>
        </td>
        <td>
    <!-- RIGHT BAR CODE GOES HERE!-->
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>
    <br>
    <br>
    </body>
    </html>
    Obviously add the code where it says so. :)

3. Vibe69

Vibe69 Guest

see my site www.vibe69.tk and i used the tk for a domain name and to tell u that u can remove that banner at start go through there settings they let u totally remove it like my site doesnt have one just wanted to say that

4. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Thx Zedric that worked :cool:

5. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Oh hey Zedric one more question.... How would I squeeze all those tables closer together to make it fit? Sry im still kinda a newbie to HTML.. hehe:D

6. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Sorry to say, but your site has some serious issues. Look at it in mozilla.

7. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Maybe not, X-Istence.

Works fine for me.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030529 Mozilla Firebird/0.6

See the attached image:

8. Vibe69

Vibe69 Guest

nothing wrong with it

9. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I see no difference between Mozilla and IE <-- for ReCoils site

on Vibes site the area with the affiliates shows borders in Mozilla and not with IE, also the word "Affiliates" is blocked over by the "Gallery" button

10. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Oh yeah how do I get my tables on my site to be closer together? I want 3 tables to be in view. My navigation menu, news tables, and my affilates. I have a new document rdy to upload I just need to squeeze em' together and make them fit. Can anyone help me?

11. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Well you're code is pretty messed up to be brutaly honest. What do you code in? What's this tag: "<top>"?

The problem with the tables is because of the width of the tables (duh :)). There should be a table set to width=100% or something somewhere. Cut this down, maybe to absolute pixels, to get the tables closer. It's a guess anyway, I can't read all the code. Like I said, it's a bit messy. :)

12. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Yeah, the code of a true HTML rookie.... lol. Im not very organized yet because I haven't been doing it very long. Well I will see if your idea helps Zedric thx dude ;P

13. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Well adjusting the width% made the tables smaller but they didn't go closer to the navigation menu. They are just centered. Is there anyway I can un-center it and just make it closer to my navigation menu? There's gotta be a way I have seen other websites that did it. And yes, I have tried looking at their source code... didn't seem to help any just made things worse I guess you could say. Im making this all with just notepad would you recommend using dreamweaver or something? I wanna improve my organization also :cool:

Oh I guess I better show you a better example of what im trying to do... Here is some of my new code with the affilates all messed up and not where it should be... lol

www16.brinkster.com/recoil7/finaltest.html

14. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

try doing it all as one table which 3 or so columns (maybe 5 and use 1,3,5 as the ones with data and 2,4 for spacing them appart)
    that might help things

Click my sig to see my site, thats pretty much all one table

15. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

OKay, so they arnt that serious.

But in mozilla when i try to select 2 words or more in his text, all i get is the entire page to be selected.

And i circled the one table that is right underneath the button.Most likely it was meant to have the buttons in side that tbale, but that didnt happen.

16. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Whoa geffy... Thats all pretty much one table? How the... I don't know all these tricks to make cool stuff like that. To make those funky looking tables do you just make an image and put it in the table? I wouldn't mind making tables like that... lol. Oh yeah btw I will try your idea with the one tables thing. Thx :D

17. Vibe69

Vibe69 Guest

ohh well my new site is in php