HTML Help

R

ReC0iL

Ok, this is my website:

www.recs-shack.tk

Well I am having trouble with getting my tables where I want them. Ok You should see my Affilates table inside my Navigation table. What I want to do is move my Affilates table to the right side of my site. Parallel to my Navigation table but still with my News & Updates tables in the middle. I can't figure out how to do that.. Can anyone help me?

It's not hard. Change this (last in code):

Code:
      </table>
    </td>
  </tr>
</table>
<br>
<br>
</body>
</html>
Into this:

Code:
      </table>
    </td>
    <td>
<!-- RIGHT BAR CODE GOES HERE!-->
    </td>
  </tr>
</table>
<br>
<br>
</body>
</html>

Obviously add the code where it says so. :)

see my site www.vibe69.tk and i used the tk for a domain name and to tell u that u can remove that banner at start go through there settings they let u totally remove it like my site doesnt have one just wanted to say that

Oh hey Zedric one more question.... How would I squeeze all those tables closer together to make it fit? Sry im still kinda a newbie to HTML.. hehe:D

Originally posted by Vibe69
see my site www.vibe69.tk and i used the tk for a domain name and to tell u that u can remove that banner at start go through there settings they let u totally remove it like my site doesnt have one just wanted to say that

Sorry to say, but your site has some serious issues. Look at it in mozilla.

Originally posted by X-Istence
Sorry to say, but your site has some serious issues. Look at it in mozilla.

Maybe not, X-Istence.

Works fine for me.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030529 Mozilla Firebird/0.6

See the attached image:

I see no difference between Mozilla and IE <-- for ReCoils site

on Vibes site the area with the affiliates shows borders in Mozilla and not with IE, also the word "Affiliates" is blocked over by the "Gallery" button

Oh yeah how do I get my tables on my site to be closer together? I want 3 tables to be in view. My navigation menu, news tables, and my affilates. I have a new document rdy to upload I just need to squeeze em' together and make them fit. Can anyone help me?

Well you're code is pretty messed up to be brutaly honest. What do you code in? What's this tag: "<top>"?

The problem with the tables is because of the width of the tables (duh :)). There should be a table set to width=100% or something somewhere. Cut this down, maybe to absolute pixels, to get the tables closer. It's a guess anyway, I can't read all the code. Like I said, it's a bit messy. :)

Yeah, the code of a true HTML rookie.... lol. Im not very organized yet because I haven't been doing it very long. Well I will see if your idea helps Zedric thx dude ;P

Well adjusting the width% made the tables smaller but they didn't go closer to the navigation menu. They are just centered. Is there anyway I can un-center it and just make it closer to my navigation menu? There's gotta be a way I have seen other websites that did it. And yes, I have tried looking at their source code... didn't seem to help any just made things worse I guess you could say. Im making this all with just notepad would you recommend using dreamweaver or something? I wanna improve my organization also :cool:

Oh I guess I better show you a better example of what im trying to do... Here is some of my new code with the affilates all messed up and not where it should be... lol

www16.brinkster.com/recoil7/finaltest.html

try doing it all as one table which 3 or so columns (maybe 5 and use 1,3,5 as the ones with data and 2,4 for spacing them appart)
that might help things

Click my sig to see my site, thats pretty much all one table

OKay, so they arnt that serious.

But in mozilla when i try to select 2 words or more in his text, all i get is the entire page to be selected.

And i circled the one table that is right underneath the button.Most likely it was meant to have the buttons in side that tbale, but that didnt happen.

Whoa geffy... Thats all pretty much one table? How the... I don't know all these tricks to make cool stuff like that. To make those funky looking tables do you just make an image and put it in the table? I wouldn't mind making tables like that... lol. Oh yeah btw I will try your idea with the one tables thing. Thx :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back