HP CD-Writer 9100

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bilottag, Dec 12, 2001.

1. bilottag

bilottag Guest

I have an HP CD-Writer 9100.
    The Bios detects it properly, but my problem is that whenever I boot up or re-boot, Windows XP won't auto-detect it and it disappears from My Computer.
    However, if I go into Device Manager and tell it to scan for new hardware...BOOM...There it is... HP CD-Writer 9100...and there it appears in My Computer.
    If I re-boot....pffft...gone again.
    It's a nuisance having to tell Device manager to find it every time.
    I'm running an ECS K7S5A mobo with latest bios,
    AMD Athlon T-Bird 1200,
    512 MB ram,
    RIVA TNT2 M64 Video,
    On board Sis7012 Audio and On board Lan.
    Can anyone help?

:rolleyes:

2. bilottag

bilottag Guest

Thanks for reply.
    When I tell device manager to scan for hardware changes...it finds HP CD-Writer 9100.
    Under Driver properties it's listed as Stnandard CD/DVD Rom with Microsoft Diver Version 5.1.2535.0 just as you mentioned.
    Can You Help?:(

3. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

I have the same HP-9100 and had this same proble like 1 and a half years ago with windoze 2000, when it first came out. The exact same problem. Sorry I dont remember how I fixed this problem, but I did e-mail their support department and they knew what the problem was. Hope this helps, good luck

4. bilottag

bilottag Guest

HP Support

Thanks for the reply Bootsy.
    I called HP-Support today and they told me it was a Windows problem and couldn't help:mad:
    Sigh.:confused:

5. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

D'OH!!
    damn sorry, i guess they helped me with the xp...well if its any consilation, I have my 9100 in my XP box and it works fine...so there IS a way to fix it...just gotta keep serchin.::confused: