How To Remove Outlook Express From Xp Pro Os.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Linux1976, May 27, 2002.

1. Linux1976

Linux1976 Guest

I was wondering how to remove Outlook Express totally from the Winodws XP OS all together; like Windows Messenger. I've searched everywhere, and asked several people and no one seems to know. I figure there could be away to change something in the SYS32 folder and then it'd appear in add/remove programs and add/remove components. Help Me, Please. Thank-you.

2. SessedOut

SessedOut Guest

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove OE. It's kind of like Media Player and a few other programs that Microsoft implements into their OS and it is undeleteable. Why would you want to take it out though? Does it bother you or cause system instability? All I do is delete all shortcuts and it never appears. Same with Media Player. Although they still remain you can basically "hide" their existance.
  3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

From what I heard, Microsoft will be making a patch that will allow you to uninstall Outlook Express, Media Player along with other applications. Has something with a recent a court ruling, stating that Microsoft HAS to supply this patch. Don't know if this is entirly true, just what I heard so far.
  4. scsa20

scsa20 Simonsoft Network

actuly, ZipTriX, your right, the ruleing stated that Microsoft have to supply a patch that let's the users to uninstall WMP, Outlook Express, Internet Explore (don't know why, it's the main core of Windows :eek: ) and some others.