How To Remove Folder Security..?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by seeetu, May 9, 2005.

1. seeetu

seeetu OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi, I shall like to know how to remove folder security in xpsp1.Once i have put security on a folder containing some files for test from xpsp1.Also i have 2OS - xpsp1 & xpsp2.When tried to open from xpsp2, it gives access denied and i have to take owner-ship to open my folder.So, i shall now like to completely remove the security so to get a common access.

thanks;- seeetu.

2. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Why don't you just allow everyone ?
    Or, move the folder's content to another temporary folder and delete for good the annoying one, then recreate it if you will ;)

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

This might be what you are after>>

Microsoft.

4. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

He already mentionned the "take ownership of a file or folder" process, he wants to erase all security options on a specific folder... so I can't think of anything else but what I've already mentionned myself above...

5. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

If you can take ownership then you should be able to turn of all the security settings, surely?

6. Nick

Nick OSNN Lurker

Using cacls from the command line:

cacls <filename> /t /c /g Everyone:F

will clear all the permissions and give everyone full access. If you don't want everyone to be able to change the permissions, use :C at the end. The /t switch applies the permissions to subfolders and files as well, /c continues on errors.

7. seeetu

seeetu OSNN One Post Wonder

thanks all for replies!
    The security is on for a folder, inside it lotsa sub-folder containing lotsa font files.When i put the security feature on, i just rt-click on the main folder & ON the security and it is done.Now simply removing security by the same way is not working.I have to remove security one-by-one navigating to each subfolder & its files too.This is really irritating for me.Is there any simple way to remove security from subfolder and its files in one shot....?I shall like to know, otherwise i have spent lotsa time!

anyway, thanks
    ;- seeetu.