How to install my geforce fx card?

B

bullman

The problem is that i have one geforce mx PCI already installed. And I can't start the computer with only my Geforce FX card that i bought a cuople of days ago. I've tried to change the settings in bios from PCI slot to AGP. The problem i think is in the geforce 2 mx vga bios. I can't find anyway to uninstall it. Does anyone have a clue how to deal with this problem?

i'm in desperate need of guidance. Have a matsonic 8137C board, with VIA chipset, AMD XP1900+, 256 mb ram, 80 gb seagate 7200 rpm, Geforce 2 mx and Geforce fx 5200 128 mb agp,

I can't think of a reason why the BIOS of your old MX would affect anything. Do you have both cards installed simultaneously?

Before you uninstall the old MX and install the new FX, set the Windows video adapter to be generic VGA--it shouldn't be running on any nVidia drivers. Be sure to uninstall any previous nVidia software related to your MX, and then you can remove the MX and replace it with the FX.

If it's the only video card in your system, Windows should start properly, still using the generic VGA drivers. At that point you can install the new nVidia drivers for the FX.

Good luck...

thanks. Hope it works. I don't think i have any Mx program installed except the drivers.

I don't have both cards installed simultaneosly because then i wouldn't have enough power.

If you are still having problems:

Steps
1) Go to www.guru3d.com and download the detonator destroyer program. It is a small freeware program. Or there is another pogram out there called Nasty File Remover nfr.exe that also removes persistent files.

2) Set the video in bios to AGP (you did that, just make sure you saved it that way).

3). Set windows to 640x480 16 color on properties-settings.

4a). Go to add/remove programs and uninstall all nvidia programs.
4b)GO to device manager and uninstall the video drivers. Then before rebooting run detonator destroyer or NFR.

5) Shutdown and remove the old card and install the new one. Then restart. Just for the heck of it check the Bios setting for video is still at AGP on the way in.

6). Windows should go out and install some generic drivers for the new card now and the video should come up. You can then install the drivers and support programs you want.

Let us know if this works. Sticky drivers on video upgrades is not unusual.

It's possible that either A, your Power Supply isn't big enough, or B, your motherboard does not support 1.5 V AGP cards.

i am using my PCI card now and the BIOS is preset on AGP. Can you tell me how that is possible

I believe that the BIOS preset determines where the computer looks first for a video adapter; it does not necessarily force the use of a particular adapter.

Even though you set your BIOS to AGP, your PCI card will be used because it's the only one available.

At least I think that's how it works--correct me if I'm wrong.

The problem now is that there is no signal between the graphic board and the monitor.

The monitor is in suspend mode and won't start up when I start my computer.

think i found the solution to the problem. The Mobo has a BIOS protection in Jumper 3. It is enabled by default maybe that is the problem.

No it didn't solve the problemo.Have also downloaded the latest via chipset drivers

maybe must update the bios. Anyone now where i can find BIOS savior? The

You might try flash the BIOS. the latest upgrade is xxxx7. It really is easy to do just follow the directions.

Flashing the bios is the last resort before buying a new PSU. I hope someone could solve this problem. At Creatives forum there is plenty of people who have had problems with their graphic board using a matsonic motherboard. Even when it's only a PCi card and geforce 2 mx

how much is the driving current for the Fx-card? In my bios you can alter the amount of power that the agp-port can have. How much is a good value?.

Originally posted by bullman
how much is the driving current for the Fx-card? In my bios you can alter the amount of power that the agp-port can have. How much is a good value?.
1.5v is stock. it should only be increased if you're overclocking the agp bus or troubleshooting instability problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back