How to hide the changed administrator account on login screen?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by TommyLee, Jul 13, 2002.

1. TommyLee

TommyLee Guest

hello,
    i have changed "Administrator" to "Router" account and now "Router" appears on login screen with other accounts. how to avoid this?
    thank you!

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the Way Users Log On or Off > check "Use the Welcome Screen"

boom

:cool:

3. TommyLee

TommyLee Guest

hello Iceman38,
    surely i knew that thing you have just said...
    maybe i asked not clear questions...
    0. i want to use this welcome screen with choice of users
    1. i needed to rename default "Administrator" to "Router", by default the system hides account "Administrator" if you use welcome screen and shows that only if you run in safe mode.
    3. how to say the system to hide "Router" rather than "Administrator" on this welcome screen???
    thanks in advance!

4. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Yes, I misunderstood, sorry, let me look into it, I don't know off hand if you even can.

5. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

You might try this, not sure if it will work with the adminstrator account or not.....

I found this, this is not my words, good luck

When you add an account for certain users with Windows XP, their user names will appear on the Welcome Screen. Sometimes a user needs to be added to a Windows XP machine, because he needs access (via the network) to resources on the machine, but he will not be physically logging in on the computer. You can remove his name from the Welcome Screen, while still maintaining the user account.

Start the Registry Editor
    Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon \ SpecialAccounts \ UserList \
    Right-click an empty space in the right pane and select New > DWORD Value
    Name the new value exactly as the Username
    Leave the Value data as 0
    If you want to enable this user again on the Welcome Screen, either double-click the Username value, and change the Value data to 0, or delete the Username
    Close the registry editor

6. TommyLee

TommyLee Guest

THANKS Iceman! THAT WORKS!

:D