How to hide IP address

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by neo1980, Jan 23, 2003.

1. neo1980

neo1980 Guest

Is there a software to hide IP addresses from being shown to others?

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I believe there's an app called Stealther ... never used it before.

3. Burpster

Burpster Guest

a non transparent proxy may work for you

4. Burpster

Burpster Guest

5. neo1980

neo1980 Guest

i go to what is my ip.com and it still shows my current proxy with A4Proxy, what should i configure in it?

6. Burpster

Burpster Guest

i should mention that if you plan on doing something a little naughty because you think your hidden ....they will find you!!

7. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

You can't run around the Internet not displaying an IP. It's just not possible. When you send a request to, for instance, a web server that server needs to know where to send the response.

8. neo1980

neo1980 Guest

how will they find out

9. neo1980

neo1980 Guest

well i configurred my An4proxy correctly and now its showing some other IP when i go to www.whatismyip.org

10. Burpster

Burpster Guest

thats why your using a proxy ..basically the proxy server becomes the middleman

11. sdibias

sdibias Guest

It's not possible to be on the internet without an IP (whether it's your IP or not). I do know a few tricks but unfortunatley for you I can't disclose this kind of information on this site. If you want to use a proxy that is more robust try doing this:

In IE choose Tools-->Internet Options and click on the "connections" tab. Click on LAN settings and check the box that says "Use a proxy server for your LAN". Then all you have to do is add the IP of the server along with the port number. An example would be: 200.52.4.82:80

I have a huge list of proxies I use on a daily basis, so if someone decides to see where I am it may be Japan, China or whatever other country I feel like using. There are other ways to these types of things but this is the easiest let alone legal.

12. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Try GhostSurf if you want to whiz around the internet undetected by the masses!:D