How to change Office icons?

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by skauch, Jun 17, 2002.

1. skauch

skauch Guest

I want to know how to change Office icon. I have shortcut on my desktop but whe i right click on it the button "Change icons" is disable. Do someone know an other way to change these icons??

Thanks

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

to change office icons u need a program like Microangelo 5, most other icons u are able to change, but not MS stuff unless u have third party software.

3. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

You can also right click your desktop-->new shorcut-->point to office apps of choice-->you can now change the icons. Should work.

4. skauch

skauch Guest

I jsut download Microangelo, but how can i change the icon by an other one i already have?

5. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

If you're using Microangelo, right click the icon you want to change and click appearence

6. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

right click the icon and choose appearence and change it

Jewelzz beat me for once LOL

7. skauch

skauch Guest

I start Microangelo librarian, then open the file "Microsoft Excel.ink". Then, i see a lot of icon, i right click on the one i want to change and choose replace. I browse to the icon i want and then i click open. I choose save as and it tell me that the file cannot be opened, the file may be READ ONLY or locked. But is the icon file read only or the .ink file read only??

do am i doing right?

8. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

no,

right click the icon on your desktop or wherever choose appearence there, don't have to start microangelo to do that.

9. skauch

skauch Guest

I found how. I went to C:>Windows>Installer>{9028040C-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}> (replace > by backslash) and then right click on "accicons.exe", choose properties and uncheck read only box. I did that with "fpicon.exe" "outicon.exe" "pptico.exe" "wordicon.exe" "xlicons.exe". And then, I started Microangelo librarian, then opened the file "Microsoft Excel.ink". Then, i saw a lot of icon, i right clicked on the one i wanted to change and choosed replace. I browsed to the icon i wanted and then i clicked open. I choosed save and the icon is changed. I didn't reboot but i will and post an other message to let you know if it worked fine.

10. skauch

skauch Guest

It worked just fine, all my icon are now change by the one i wanted.

Thanks for helping me Ice and Jewelz

11. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

ur welcome :p