How Much Difference?

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by Scooter, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Scooter

Scooter Random Apple Dude

Ok, heres something that has had me scratching my noggin' for about 5 minutes....

How much difference is there between the way Mac browsers (Safari, Mozilla, Opera etc) display simple web pages* compared to Microsoft/Windows browsers (I.E, Mozilla, Netscape etc)?

*(HTML, tables, Flash movies and JPEG images, not including "advanced" coding such as ASP, JAVA etc)

I only wonder this since I don't think there is a great deal of difference anymore, given overall comparison. And yes, I am taking into concideration that I.E browsers and Netscape/Mozilla browers sometimes do interpret information differently.

Anyone care to comment, post thoughts and what-not?
    :)

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Browsers like Firefox and Mozilla that are based on the Gecko rendering engine will render and display pages identically on Windows and Mac (apart from differences in font-smoothing and widgets/buttons, which are controlled by the operating system itself).

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

4. Scooter

Scooter Random Apple Dude

Oh, the irony kills me! For no reason in particular, I was just looking that that before I navigated to here :eek: :D

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

6. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Nah, uses up unnecessary system resources, looks nasty too :p