How i check the XP..???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by michelldavid, Sep 2, 2003.

1. michelldavid

michelldavid Guest

Hi .. dudes anybody knows how i check the version of the XP if is 32-bits or 64-bits :eek: Thanxs

2. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

It 32-bit, unless you have a 64-bit processor, which you dont, because you would know :)

3. michelldavid

michelldavid Guest

So... wath pc have a processor with 64-bits????, and how i know if i have a proccesor of 32-bits wen i buy the pc say in some place???, realy i don't know by the way i have a Pentium 4 of 2.4Ghz

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Intel's only 64-bit processor is the Itanium. The Pentium line of CPUs are all 32-bit.

5. michelldavid

michelldavid Guest

Cooool!!!! every day learn some new stuff... thanxs Netryder and j79zlr

6. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

And Opteron is AMDs only 64-bit so far, but the AMD64 is comming (some day...).

7. michelldavid

michelldavid Guest

hmmm... i don't like the processor AMD, i had bad experience... hang on pc's, frezz images, and others stuffs, but some friends (a few really) says they don't have troubles, i think the AMD takes much resources to run, because they are so slow

8. adamg

adamg Guest

I personally don't have an AMD, but i know that they are not slow, run just as fast as P4 do, although they do run a bit hotter. And a processor cant take up resources, because it creates them :)

9. michelldavid

michelldavid Guest

hmmmm.... i think that to about the processor but in this stuffs some times happend weirds things... or you don't have it??

10. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

Well... lots of people have different experiences with different pieces of hardware. People often time form an opinion on what happens to them and not everyone else. If you had a bad experience with AMD then it is easy to assume that you may not ever want to go that route again. But, I am going to assume that your troubles were with the K6-2 line of processors (because they did have issues). There have been many new processors from AMD since. The Athlon Line and the XP line and now the Opteron chips (AMD64). They must be doing something right because they are such a close competator with Intel. :)

11. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Erm.....42!?

12. michelldavid

michelldavid Guest

I agree completely with you Un4gIvEn1 from fact i do not have a AMD since more 8 o 9 years and i don't know how runs right now, but some friends have the Athlon or AMD XP, and still have it troubles, but like wath you say they keep treating to get down Intel

13. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

People sometimes put blame on certain components because they are unfamiliar with them. Sometimes the problem isn't the CPU, it might be the chipset on the board, or the memory... To each his own... I personally use AMD myself. Not necessarily because I believe it's better, but because the value and functionality are good. I do not despise Intel, but I would prefer not to use Intel.

14. michelldavid

michelldavid Guest

you have reason..... and i respect that, maybe in the future use a AMD and swich for a Intel and send you an e-mail with virus.. ha ha ha just joking :p

15. Khaled

Khaled Guest

Un4gIvEn1, I am going to buy a 2500+ athlon xp, what is your opinion, does it run too hot, is it fast enough, u are an amd user, tell me

16. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Hope you don't mind me butting in...

The 333Mhz bus speed allows for cooler temps and crazy overclocking. I've seen people take it to a 2700+ with stock cooling for long periods (NOT that I would recommend that :rolleyes: ). I have an 2100+, and recently have installed a couple 2800+ (same core as the 2500+) processors on friend's computers and they actually ran cooler than mine!