how does one back up outlook express?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by eklmn, Aug 3, 2002.

1. eklmn

eklmn Guest

I have problems with my Windows XP. I would like to reinstall it but also want to back up my e-mail messages in Outlook. How can it be done? Also if it is possible to back them up how can I return them into my inbox?
    Thanks in advance,
    Alex.

2. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

There was a post like this and somehow had a link to a backup program if Im not mistaken. Look around and sorry I couldnt be of more help.

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{472F97D8-570A-4D78-B453-B2B3E2ACBA9B}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

should be the location of your emails, back up these files
    (the long number string may be different)

test this by moving them out then check OE, then put them back and make sure everything is ok

4. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

if it is your mail that you want to back up, i suggest you do an export to a .PST file.

After you reinstall Windows or move to another machine, you can IMPORT the .PST file again.

Hope that helps. Kind regards,

Willem Moolenaar

5. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

6. eklmn

eklmn Guest

Thanks!!!

7. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

eklm - while you are at it - click here and back up your blocked sender list and other mail rules!

8. beatlesdb

beatlesdb Guest

Cheers to eNuffSaid for the link - had a look - it seems that the people at Microsoft went to allot of trouble to tell us the convoluted way you need to back up Outlook - too back they did not just sit down and write a small app to do the same.

9. BeaverSquad

BeaverSquad Guest

Re: How does one backup outlook express?

Why not have a look at the following website.

h**p://w*w.genie-soft.com

They do 2 excellent programs to backup Outlook Express & Outlook 2000/XP. :)