How do I partition my HD?

M

mattg1981

I have a massive 70 gig HD and a smaller 5+ gig hd (most of my system files are preset on that hd). At any rate ... I hear that by partitioning your HD .. it makes it quicker and more responsive. How can I partition my 70 giger to be set up in sections for applications ... games ... performance related programs .. etc?

btw .. sorry for this double post .. this is also in the reply to the other post about partitioning HD's .. didnt know I hit post reply instead on post new thread :(

dumb question cause i never tried it and i wouldn't no but... when u partition a drive, and u one day decide to bring the hd to another computer and u iinstall it, will that new computer boot up as patitioned and load up all those drive letters/partitions?

"AOL 7.0 Ultra Mega Superior Platinum Version... now free for 2 months!!"

l0g0ut, you forgot "now with increased and improved mass spamming"

Windows 98 off topic

I have a laptop that I'm configuring for one of my clients and it has a 5.0 GB hard drive. The drive space right now say's it's only 2.0GB hard drive. I deleted the ext. partition in fdisk, and it used to be set up partitioned C: and a D: now there's only C:
How do I get back that extra space?

If you are installing XP on a new system (booted from the CD), it allows you to NTFS fdisk and format in one step (well almost one step), before it installs the OS.

It's really up to you, but here's how I usually partition my disk:

C: (System) @5gig
D: (Pagefile) @1gig
E: (Data) @whatever the heck is left

Like I said, it's up to you.

cheers,

jsitke

:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back