How do I launch a web page shortcut maximized?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tiny Turtle, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Tiny Turtle

Tiny Turtle Guest

When I put a shortcut to a web page in the Start menu and click it Internet Exploder always opens it as a "normal" window instead of maximized as I would like. For program shortcuts it's easy to set this but not web pages.

2. Raven76

Raven76 Guest

The easiest way around this is to resize your "normal" window to the full size of the screen. Windows should remember the last window size/position for IE and open your next window to that size. Technically it is not maximized, but close enough.

AFAIK, there is know way to make IE open news links maximized. It would be a great feature though.
  3. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

Cornwall Nr. England
    Virtually all windows...Application windows, drive windows etc. have their sizes and position managed by an area of the registry referred to rather daintily as the Bag, and BagMRU. Now, the only exception (to my knowledge) is the explorer size and position, which is managed by:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\window_placement

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\oldWorkAreas\OldWorkAreaRects

These normally only recognise the first / last opened explorer window, but are affected by so many other criteria that to try and "train" it to remember is virtually impossible.

To put it in a nutshell.......good luck!!

4. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

5. Tiny Turtle

Tiny Turtle Guest

Thanks for the ideas. I'm not to fond of enlarging "normal" windows though as I always seem to end up closing the wrong window when I move the pointer to the top right corner to close one.

Guess I should put you in touch with my Snapping Turtle, Khayman. I'm thinking he would like your "Bite Me" title...:D