How do I get TV-Out????

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by sondgerothja, Oct 17, 2002.

1. sondgerothja

sondgerothja Guest

I've got an Nvidia Geforce4 MX420 64mb w/TV-out

The TV-Out connection is S-Video.

My TV doesn't have a S-video connection :( , so I bought a converter that takes the s-video signal and converts it into a RF (normal cable connection) signal...but...

Problem is that I can't get NView to recognize that I've got the TV connected. I really want to be able to watch movies and use winamp visualizations on my TV, but I don't really know anything about it. Is there a registry setting I can set to force it to use the TV out? Possibly some software I could download? This is the first video card I've had with TV-Out, so I'm completely clueless. :confused:

Any and all help is appreciated!
  2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    does your tv have composite video (the yellow rca jack)? if so, your video card should have came with a simple adapter to go from s-video to composite video. if it didn't, you should be able to find one pretty cheap... or you can buy mine for whatever it costs to mail it to you.. i'll never use it.
  3. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

right click desktop
    clone mode/h. span/v. span
  4. bhxtyrant

bhxtyrant Guest

i have a question about this also im about to get a radeon 9700 with tv out and im going to connect t to a 32 inch tv is there anyway i can set it up where when i turn my computer on it automatically shows on the tv without having to do anything manually?
  5. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

mine does that
    i run it in clone mode

dunno bout radeons tho
  6. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

sondgerothja: Make sure the cable is plugged in when you start the computer. Also I think taurus ideas is better than your converter if you have a composite in connector.

bhxtyrant: My nVidia:s do this if I have the TV connected at startup. If I want to watch movies on the TV (which isn't close to the computer). I just turn it off, move it and plug it in the TV and turn on. Voila, TV picture!
  7. sondgerothja

sondgerothja Guest

Well, thanks for so many replies, but......

- TV doesn't have ANY connection other than the normal cable "Ant In"

- When I try to set NView to "Clone", the options aren't even there. (I can see them, but I can't choose them).

I think I should at least be able to choose the clone and other options. Is there a way to force the video to do it in the registry?
    Again, thanks for the suggestions/help!