How can I jazz up my desktop?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Stuart Leyland, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Hi :)

I usually just lurk round here and look at everyone's brilliantly designed desktops and it often leaves me wanting to make my desktop better but the question is how? I've tried using Samurize but I'm terrible at anything at graphics or design related :( What I need is somewhere where I can get ready made themes for things (such as Visual Styles from ThemeXP).

Here is a link to my desktop: http://www.2312.co.uk/desktop.jpg. It would be very much appreciated if you could give me some ideas of how I can improve my desktop without me having to do too much graphics work (because I really do suck, can't even draw stick men :D)

Thanks a lot :)

2. Yharn

Yharn meh.

3. Thanks but as you can see, I've already got a different theme than the default XP one, it's more things such as system stats or a calendar, etc that I'm looking for......just as long as they don't involve me making, editing graphics :D

4. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

5. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

6. Alucard-O

Alucard-O Guest

Samurize isn't difficult at all to work with . I mean you just draw a rectangle or an ellipse at the size you like and this is the place where you put all of your stats . Very very simple , you can create a nice looking config in just a few minutes. You can also add some png icons to make it look better . There's no design thing here .

Take a look at my config . It was made in 15 minutes.

Screenshot