Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Boy_alien, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Boy_alien

Boy_alien Guest

i try to go into my hotmail account by it tells me that there is an error and they cant find it. does anybody know why this would be? hackers gained acces to my account?
  2. max

max Guest

They cant find your account, i havent heard that before

Have you got a screenshot of it ?
  3. Boy_alien

Boy_alien Guest

no i restarted my comp and got it working again.
  4. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

Sometimes it may be cause of the cookies...
  5. insaNity

insaNity Guest

It's the cookie monster!!!
  6. doctorfloppy

doctorfloppy Guest

Hotmail & cookies

I have this problem. When I delete all cookies I can access my Hotmail account. When I sign out of Hotmail I see 'migrate cookies across domain' and then the msn home page. When I next try to sign into Hotmail, it times out with 'cannot find server' message. Then I delete all the cookies and I can get back in again. This has been ongoing for 10 days and started the same day I change ISP from 'UK Oline', to 'Onetel'. Hotmail have told me it's a problem with Onetel and Onetel say it is an IE6 problem. When I change my ISP back to UKonline then I can access Hotmail every time. Has anyone else experienced this or can offer me some guidance?:(
  7. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

If you set the Privacy in Internet Properties to high, it will block the cookies hotmail gives you, therefore, you will not be able to sign in.
  8. Mister Zee

Mister Zee Guest

1. Start > Run > Cleanmgr [ENTER]
    follow steps to clean junk files

2. Start > Settings > Control Panel >> Internet Options

a. General tab> Click Settings, make sure it's set to "Every visit to the page" and the Amount of disk space to use" is somewhere between 20 and 50. Lower is not good, and higher is a waste of space.

b. Security tab> Click "Default level" for each zone.

c. Privacy tab> Set to Medium and click Default (if enabled), click on Edit, and make sure hotmail is not blocked there.

3. Rinse and repeat all this every 1-2 weeks depending on how often you browse. That's called preventive maintenance =P
  9. lelu

lelu Guest

It takes one cookie to open Hotmail: