Hotmail access. . .

pjchappy

OSNN Addict
What would cause an inability to access my Hotmail account via HTTP from my home. I have no problem accessing it at school. As a result, the only way I have been able to access it at home is through Outlook.

Anyways, I am on a wireless network. My PC is wireless; the other PC is directly plugged into the router. Neither computer can access the site. .. it basically sayswebpage not found. I have just recently (2 days ago) completely reformatted my PC. I had had several problems, including the inability to access my Hotmail account.

Thanks,

p

Originally posted by rapist
I could access my hotmail before too. I have only done it at home. But i got a program that disabled half my dll runtimes and if i replace the disabled runtimes with new ones, and try to uninstall disabled programs they wont work. My hotmail says I need a secure connection I selected SSL 3.0, 2.0, and tls 1.0. But wont let me so I got a better email service. Besides too many people have them hotmail accounts now getting ****ty. Like a big stanky pile of crap.

Could we get that guy to change his name?

delete the hosts file. basically the hosts file is where your computer stores DNS information. i have had to do this before. go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

Originally posted by djwhite
It's not a good choice for a this forum is it?

I agree!!...there are so many other, more suitable names...that is just .... sick.....:huh:

Re: no file. . .

Originally posted by pjchappy
I didn't see that file. . .

any other ideas. . .???

p

are you using XP?

of course!! :)

I am using XP Pro. . .just completely reformatted 2 days ago. . .then, downloaded all the pre-SP1 updates, then SP1, etc. . .

I misread your post. . .I didn't see the C at the end of ET. . .

I deleted 'hosts' and it still doesn't work. . .

Any other ideas???

p

wireless. . .???

Could my Linksys wireless connection (I have DSL) have anything to do w/ it???

If not, what else could be doing this??

Hotmail is the only thing I am having troubles w/. . .

thanks,

p

A couple of basic questions:

Can you access other website with no problem?

How are you trying to get to hotmail?

Do you have Windows Messenger setup to check your hotmail account and have you tried getting there from messenger?

Providing as much detail as possible about what you have tried and how you tried it will significantly increase the probability that someone can help you with the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back