Hostages Freed, Terrorists Killed

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Nick M, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Was watching the Russian television right now, the Russian special forces stormed the Theater, and in about 40, the whole event was over. Some of the terrorists, including the leader, have been killed, others, taken captive. There has been word of a intended gas leak in the building, causing everyone to get sleepy/drowsy/weak. The hostages are freed, thank God. About 5 people killed, some wounded, not large numbers.

- Source- Summary of Live News On Russian TV, straight from the scene.

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

The Russian Special Forces are nearly as kick ass as the SAS.
    Respect to em.
    Headlines are on here in 10 mins so I will check it all out then.

3. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

anouther vicroty for the good guys

4. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Well ok thats good. But why are you watching Russian news?

5. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I'm very glad they acted in time. Also; supposedly the explosives mentioned by the terrorists are in the building, but, they did not detonate. I think I know why;

Sometime today, a pipe carrying hot water in the basement burst. The terrorists called in, asking what was going on, and a water leak was reported. Hot water.
    I believe this was intentional; the water might have made any and all bomb equipment in the basement, which is where they would put it, soggy, and an unuseable. Also, the water might have made the walls weak, because, it is said that the Russian forces enterted through a blown up hole in the wall.

This must be very well planned; by anti-terrorists specalists from all over.

Whatever the case may be, I am glad that everyone was not killed. However, what's saddening, is that there were victims.

6. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

ok cool.

7. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Actually what am I on about, the SAS did go over...
    A sweet operation anyway :D

8. seeme

seeme Guest

hmm, yes the terrorists are definately in the wrong here, but the overall surrounding details of the situation are a little more complicated than good and bad.

9. finally. that's good new. btw i think for that kind of act russia should bomb one of their cities or something. but that's just my opinion i guess.

10. Nick M

Nick M Moderator