Hooking computer speakers and computer monitor to gamecube

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by _DM_, Jul 5, 2003.

1. _DM_

_DM_ OSNN Senior Addict

I got a question is it possible to play gamecube on my computer monitor? And how could i hook up my computer speakers to my tv if its possible?

2. _DM_

_DM_ OSNN Senior Addict

Oh shoot it worked. I mean I hooked up my speakers in the TV cause i have a headphone socket so ya the speakers work now. sounds so much better. :)

3. forcer

forcer OSNN Senior Addict

i would also like to do this, how is it possible, what hardware is involved jsut basic sound card and grafix card? how did u get it to play on your monitor

4. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

you need an A/V to VGA converter u can get them at like EBGAMES.com or GAMESTOP.com either or :)

5. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

6. forcer

thanx man. $50 :O, i better get saving

7. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

no problem, I'm here to help :)

8. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

that's assuming your video card doesn't have video-in already. some do so if you're not sure about yours, it would be a good idea to find out.

9. forcer

mine does have an extra port, its similar to a mouse port someone sed i use a s/video or coverter or something, is this the same thing?

10. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

that's most likely an s-video out port. how many pins (holes) does it have? if 4, then it's just video out (to display on your tv). if it has like 8-10 holes, then the card should have come with a dongle with s-video and composite video in and out connectors.