hook up 2 monitors

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by cs-cky, Jun 10, 2003.

1. cs-cky

cs-cky Guest

i was wonder if i could hook up 2 montiors on my system. my video card is a geforce 4 ti 4200. how do i hook up 2 monitors?
  2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Pacific Northwest
    You have to have a DVI connector (it's a white plastic rectangle) next to your monitor plug, and if your other monitor doesn't connect to DVI, you will need a DVI-to-VGA dongle.
  3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    does your video card have 2 monitor outputs ?

if it does one is a regular CRT and one is a DVi output... to use it like a regular crt port... just use the adaptor that should have come with your card else you can buy one from a store for cheap...

Nview is the nvidia software that allows you to use multiple desktops (spanning over the 2 monitors or separate) or you can use www.ultramon.com 's proggy :) its quite handy...

windows also has its own little thinger.. though it is quite basic (win XP... dunno bout the rest since I haven't used em forever)

check the dongle like handybuddy said and then try out the stuff I have posted...

if you don't have 2 monitor ports on your card... you will have to use a pci card to get access to your second display...
  4. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

Birmingham, UK
    Moved to the brand spakin' new *Graphics Cards* sections :)