Home page not working

• Thread starter lad_in_brum
  • Start date
I got problems with the (not) loading of adtrix ads. Ads are fine, as long as they don't affect the page it it loaded on.

Originally posted by GoNz0
stoopid friggin ad's again, damn there more of a friggin pain than vs :p
Don't be daft, ain't nothin' that annoying.

its been like this since late last night...

I had same probs :)

loads fast sometimes.. loads slow other times...

The ads always slow the frontpage loadtime for me.

I had this problem a couple of times in the past week or so. Noticed adtrix loading at the bottom of the browser. I'd just hit 'Back,' do it again, and that usually took care of it.

Has been loading fine for me since around 5pm when I first visited today (using a mates 1mbit connection :D - he is going to do all my downloading now!)

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
using a mates 1mbit connection :D - he is going to do all my downloading now!

you mean your new best friend? :p

waiting for p.adtrix.com...

This is happening a lot lately. I'm on broadband using Firebird.

Sloooow loading ads at top of page

Seems to be taking forever for me to be able to click on a link as a result of the ads at the top of the page loading slowly! Is it me or is it happening to others? Using IE if it makes any difference!

No. Not happening here, but you're not alone. don't know if it's due to the way in which IE handles iFrames or what.

No it just seems that netshelter are very slow recently.
All the adverts are now in iframes so they shouldn't affect the performance of our pages.

That's what I mean. Does IE (or any other browser) wait for the iFrame content to load before proceeding down the rest of the code?

Just loaded the front page here in safari with the activity window open, and the ads are taking longer to load than the other objects, but it's by no means slow, maybe 2 - 3 seconds. I'm only on 512k *shrug*

Well previously, the frontpage included the contents of a text file into the code of the main page so it was waiting for the netshelter images to load before continuing.

Now it uses an iframe like the forums, so the main page and the advert iframe will now load independently.

I have had the slow down very randomly and I use mozilla :/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back