HiJackThis! Log Auto Analyzer

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by kcnychief, Mar 13, 2006.

1. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I would assume this is not terribly new, but I do know that whenever someone posts a log here people just go through it. I was surfing the net looking for something and came across this seemingly useful website.

http://hjt.networktechs.com/

Gives you an instant response to what is safe to remove, and safe to keep. VERY cool :)

2. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

Nothing substitues someone who knows what they are doing to look through a log. There have been a few of these over the years, but I have never found one that should be completely trusted.

3. kcnychief

Yeah definitely not a substitution, and I'm not sure how useful it is as I haven't tested it yet. Could, however, be used as a resource :)

4. Steevo

Steevo Spammer representing. Political User Folding Team

J79 is great with logs and so is bulldog and cookiegal. I woud't trust anyone else or a machine to make a decision. At the very least a google is in order for suggested removable part.

5. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

Thank,:p SEriously though, I am out of practice. I still know what shouldn't be there, but I am not 100% up-to-date on the latest and greatest malware removal. I do still have access to some forums with some pretty smart guys.

6. kcnychief

It's impossible to stay current on everything all the time, as long as you know where to go to find the answers, you'll be ok in the end :)

7. acomputerstore

acomputerstore OSNN One Post Wonder