Hide and Seek any good?

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by Son Goku, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

As other plans for this evening sorta fell through (schedule change) I thought of going to see Hide and Seek tonight. Starts in a bit over 2 hours, so sorta messing around at uni (as it's closer to both where I was and the theater I'd be going to, then home is).

Anyone seen this? Any good?

2. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

doesn't come out here until 28th i think :p
    i might be a bit dated on that though. hehe.

3. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Hide and Seek is out. From what I've heard... it sucked. :)

4. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Two of my friends seen it and said it sucked. I reminded them of Secret Window.

5. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

yup it sucked ballz

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

i rather liked Secret Window. don't ask me why. just for some reason that movie had me interested. that and the fact that Johnny Depp was in it. Johnny Depp rules!!!

7. Son Goku

OK, I did end up seeing it last night, and it was not what I was expecting based upon the description it had received... AKA

http://www.fandango.com/movie_page.asp?mv=30339&remotefilter=REGL

OK, there is no way to address this without spoilers.

The description makes the movie sound like one sort of movie. But in fact, as the plot unfolds, it turns out to be something entirely different. The "imaginary friend" who's described as some "evil spirit", is nothing more then her own crazed father who was undoubtedly suffering from multiple personality disorder. Her father, rather then the daughter was the crazed lunatic. This was something like what happened in another movie (can't even remember the name, something Manner) where people left the theater thinking it was a scary movie about a haunted hosue based on the previews. But it turned out to be some sociapath. People were like WTF?

When all was said and done, I was rather disappointed. Admittedly, this was partially due to the plot unfolding different then the movie synopsis there left me expecting...

I'd give it 1.5 (or 2 at most) out of 5 OSNN stars, and recommend a pass on this movie...

I'd also rate Fandango's description of this movie somewhat poorly as well, for being somewhat mis-leading in the description...

8. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

dO U MEAN COOLD CREAK MANNER?

9. Son Goku

Yeah, that's the one...