help with max payne!!!1

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by TLJ_Rapier, Sep 1, 2002.

1. TLJ_Rapier

TLJ_Rapier Guest

hey ppl im having a problem with Max Payne, i get past the first little bit where his family dies then when it gos to load it just shuts down.
    i was thinkin its cos of my 3d card
  2. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

get the patch.
    by the way what is your 3D card?turn off your firewall and anti virus. and then see.
  3. TLJ_Rapier

TLJ_Rapier Guest

ok il try that, thanks
    BTW my card is in my sig.
  4. Yharn

Yharn meh.

Indiana, USA
    now is that the geforce 4 TI 4400 or the geforce 4 mx440?? you sig is mis typed
  5. AcID

AcID Guest

Prob means geforce 4 TI 4400 ;)
  6. sojourn

sojourn Guest

same prob for me, patch didnt fix it
  7. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    I presume everyone has a retail cd?

if so call up or email teh help desk for the game maker and you are set... they may send you something to help... or get your money back or something...
  8. Artex

Artex Guest

Sazar you only get 9662 3dmark?! with that bad rig. I get 9081 with my weak little TBird 1400 and a TI 4200.

9. sojourn

sojourn Guest

ya umm anyways.. it did work on windows xp for the longest time then i quit playing it for a while. bout a couple months, then when i decided to play again, i get that same exact problem as described above, but even sometimes it crashes to desktop during the very first loading screen to main menu. even after i reformated my pc for other reasons and re installed, i get that same bug now :(
  10. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

im not the most obvious perwon to play but my son does and its fine. cos our graphics is 32 meg maybe. soon WELL BE 64 meg tho
  11. sojourn

sojourn Guest

i have geforce4 ti4600 128mb card with latest 30.something driver so that shouldnt be an issue although i have thought it to be the card driver. never tried earlier versions though cuz max panye did work fine with my 28 driver