Help with Burned Video on XP

Originally posted by J t R
i did some searching and found out what you need to do to fix it but because of your stealing ways i don't think i'll share it with you, find it yourself

What are you, like 10 years old? God, go play with your marbles, by yourself, in the corner... dang. :mad:

Pissed!

When I read J t R's post I get a hunch that he might be one of the thousands of crybabies that microsoft had hired over the years making it the worst f**king company to ever exist.

Get a life you dumb f**k

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I have two suggestions:
1. J t R , if you have any issues post a new thread, perhaps next time there is some news about Kazaa on the frontpage (last time only two days ago)
2. Here is someone, who came here to this forum to ask a mainly technical question. If anybody knows the solution please help her. There are hundreds of threads about mp3s, filesharing, and, and....here. I have never seen such reactions.

Originally posted by Sazar
for those of you on this thread who are talking about warezing and the legality of it... and have started flaming each other... go back to my original post where I said you can check online on your own time and try to solve your problem..

here is the link for the forum guidelines...

http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15979

thanks for the link, i was wondering where i could edumacate myself on that.

NOW... jawshoouh... bear in mind that if you have a TECHNICAL problem that needs help with... you may be helped... this is TECHNICAL support that you are posting in concerning help with apps...

keep your posts relevant to that...

look at the thread. not to get all pissy and immature about it and start pointing fingers, but *ahem* the 3rd reply (mine) was in fact a technical answer to this somewhat-technical question. the underlying meaning behind the original post was concerning the reading of a CD-Rom that was readable under a different OS. i responded with a technical answer. 2 posts later, Tesseract, and then YOU, retort with the accusations that whatever information on the CDs in question is pirated material (and really, who gives a damn? if the guy can't read his CDs, you two should be elated that XP was able to shut down yet another bad, bad pirater!). 'nuff said.

downloading movies online is not legal... there is a disclaimer if you ever care to read with the FBI warnings on dvd/video's that tells you exactly what your privelages as a consumer of the copyrighted product is... therefore FRIEDAH... you are wrong... when you say video swapping online is not an infringement of copyrights or wrong...

i never brought up the ethical or moral fiber of downloading movies/TV shows/etc. online. i'm sure a large percentage of you do it anyway; because some people just keep their mouths shut about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist...which is fine.

i'm sure many people in here break the speed limit, but no one is raising hell about that...and that puts more people in danger in a life-threatening manner than downloading the "King of Your Domain" Seinfeld episode.

most "legitimate" information sources will discourage the propogation of illegal material, and i do commend XP-erience/NTFS for that. however, that doesn't necessarily mean that the people running the show and enforcing the rules aren't in fact partaking in the same illegal activity.

the nazis-in-charge can edit-out whatever i said in prior posts (yes, i know NTFS.org is NOT a democracy, it's YOUR forum, YOUR guidelines, etc., etc.), but that still doesn't take away from the facts about certain persons' attitudes. i'm pretty sure i've kept any flame-bits to a bare minimum since i've joined, and if i hadn't, i'm sure some mod would have PM'd me or notified me otherwise by now.

if what i stated about Tesseract's behaviour is a flame, so be it. he called me an "asshat" (that's a new one) in return, so, kudos for him and 2 points for originality. flame on, grill-boy.

REVELATION : I did not burn these cds using Win98, but ME. I forgot because im a dumbass. I dont think it matters tho, as the situation seems to apply to 98 too.

Now that Im looking at some of my other burned CDs, ones without video, with text and jpgs and such that i created for backup purposes (ie schoolwork, photoshops, digital camera pictures), now they cannot be read. So video is not even part of the equation. It is anything that is put on these CDs on the UDF format... my point is this is a real issue. I have some old writings I did that are somewhat valuable to me, now obviously i can go to a WinME computer and see them if i really wanted to, but thats not the point here, because I imagine someday, there will be no WinME computers just like now there are hardly any Win95 computers. So forget the whole morality issue, this is a technical issue. BOTTOMLINE : CDs burned on Nero (UDF format) on the Windows ME OS cannot be read on WinXP. JtR if you actually have a solution, you would service this forum community by saying what it is. If you lied, thats just plain immature.

by the way, im a he. Name is pronounced Fried uh. Just clearing it up.

J t R

In the nicest possible way, if you havent got anything useful to say then say nothing. If you can get along with other users then avoid them. If you enjoy flaming people then LEAVE.

For everyone else if J t R continues to flame then ignore him, in this and everythread. You can read what he says, but if its a flame then ignore it. He will have to either stop or leave if he isnt getting the aggressive responses from his flames.

You can also report him to a mod. Thats what the "Report this post to a moderator" thing is for.

Originally posted by J t R
i remember that,it was fun
Fun eh? You enjoy flaming people?

Think I'll be keeping my eye on this thread and Jr over here.

Think I'll be watching him as well.

Be nice, or go somewhere else, it's that simple really.

:cool:

Maybe I'll be nice and let you have your 1st ban Iceman :D :p

Well he is my forum... so it goes without saying, he is moving into my sights now...

You really like belittling ppl... I could make a few comments but I think I will let my fellow moderators deal with you in the appropriate manner...
Shoo little boy shoo shoo

Please, just look at J_T_R's signature... "i measure success one locked thread at a time."

Anyway, enough about him. Friedah, did you ever find an answer?

/me biting tongue

You posted 11 times in this thread. And in every single one you had something negative to say (flaming) towards the person who started the thread and other members.
If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

LOL [PK]

Now J_T_R is testing/flaming the moderators... I can't believe it. Can't someone stop him?

I think he is on microsoft ice (ie full of holes) he will sink through soon

I had hoped my previous comment would have been taken seriously evidently it fell on deaf ears, maybe if I state it again.

J t R, be nice or go somewhere else, I think your statement in your sig says it all, last warning.

:cool:

J t R, I am the real Tesseract thank you very much. You can remove that nick from your sig now. :rolleyes:

Why do you come over here and put my name on your sig? It is pathetic if you ask me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back