Help! - to all who play NFS IV PU

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by oerficus, Jul 8, 2002.

1. oerficus

oerficus OSNN Addict

After years of dusting away in my drawer I finally rediscovered NFS IV PU and immediately installed it on my XP machine (btw, without having any problems running it). But still there was a problem occuring :(

Every time I try to change my controller settings in the options menu the game crashes suddenly. All other options can be altered without any problems. That's really strange...

Has anybody had a similar problem or has a solution for me? I am quite desperate as playing the game with the cursors is not the bomb at all. Really wanna play it with analog gamepad or racing wheel :)

Thx in advance, Oerficus

2. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

I had a similar problem when using a MS Sidewinder USB and a Gravis Eliminator analog gamepad (USB also).

Since I only use one at a time, I simply disconnect the one I am not using before I start the game.

Don't know if this applies to you though.

Good luck.

3. oerficus

oerficus OSNN Addict

I haven't connected any Controller at all at the moment. So this might not be the problem. Thx for the reply anyway...

4. oerficus

oerficus OSNN Addict

I uninstalled the driver for my creative gameport and the game didn't crash anymore. Unfortunately I don't have a gamepad that can be connected to USB. Let's see if I can find a driver that works...
    Just wanted to mention that as there might be someone having a similar problem.

5. ECO

ECO Guest

I rediscovered mine too recently. It was a great game, very fun. :p