Help setting Printer and IE7 options in mandatory profile?

Discussion in 'Windows Server Systems' started by ScottFern, May 25, 2007.

1. ScottFern

ScottFern IT guy

We have 60 agents at my company who have a mandatory roaming profile which is the same for all of them. However, I need to set our laser printer and IE7 settings so they STICK.

I will admit up front I am very new to Active Directory, but I am learning everyday. I wanted to know where I can locate the settings files for IE7 (first time setup page, Anti-Phishing settings) so I can move those settings files to the mandatory profile for our agents. Or is this something new to be set in AD?

Also, I have been trying these 2 commands on each workstation to see if they would set a global printer, but a lot of agents are getting no printers when they log in? I am not sure why?

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /c\\hubws041 /y /n\\hubdc1\AcctLJ2200 (set remote printer)

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /in /n\\hubdc1\AcctLJ2200 (locally)

Am I missing some core concept here as to why this wouldn't stick once an agent logs off and comes in the next day and logs in and sees no printer?

2. ScottFern

ScottFern IT guy

Did I just word my question terribly? lol

I just want to set IE7 settings for all active directory users, and

I want to set a global printer for everyone in Active Directory also

3. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

for IE, why not use group policies?
    Printer connections would probably be better to use a login script to connect the printer.