Help retreive lost profiles (again)

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dadecamp, Aug 22, 2003.

1. dadecamp

dadecamp under worked, over paid

I need help. I had a problem installing a new mobo so I reinstalled xp. I blew it :eek: and didn't do a repair so I've lost all my profiles (5 family members). How can I get them back? I really don't want to reload every program, one at a time, on each profile. All the old profiles are still on the drive, just not available.

Is there a fix?

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

3. dadecamp

:D That just looks to simple! I tried "select all" and copy but it failed probably because it included the 3 files. I will try this without the files mentioned in the artical tonight after work.

Thanks again

Dave

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

5. dadecamp

GoNz0,

That will come in handy. I just hope I won't have to use it.

By the way, using repair work great on my system 2. I sure wish I had waited on system 1 :eek:

6. dadecamp

GoNz0,

That will come in handy. I just hope I won't have to use it.

By the way, using repair work great on my system 2. I sure wish I had waited on system 1 :eek:

7. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

8. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

Dadecamp, You made the same post twice! You are like a Jacob Two-Two waiting to happen (Hey did you read those books because they are great?)

9. dadecamp

ViperSnake,
    I don't know how that happened unless it has something to do with using the back button. :eek:

GoNz0,
    I followed the instructions in your first message: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151 and it worked in the most part. I still had to reload office etc. and inport my email account messages and address book.
    Also, after creating a new user account you need to log on to that account before it will create the C:\Documents and Settings\New_Username folder. I needed to log and off.
    Other than that it's as the instructions state.

It was taking a long time until I deleted a temporay folder that had 12gb in it :eek: :eek:
    I need to do house cleaning more often!

I haven't tried the second one yet since I am still working on my main profile to copy from.

Thanks for the advice,

Dave

10. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

The other post was deleted. ;)