help norton firewalls not doin nice things to me!

K

kia

Help i can veiw network, web and use kazzaa and irc. But it blocks all my games HL and Renegade plz help i use ics and cannot access game server master server ect on 2nd system

Okay, Norton SHOULD ask you to allow something to access the internet whenever it trys for the first time. I presume from your mail that its not doing this so you may have already permanently blocked it by mistake.

Open up Noron Firewall by clicking in the globe in your system tray.

I suggest that you first get norton to scan your PC for apps which are allowed to access the internet and set up right automatically. To do this chlik Assistant at the top of the window (next to live update) and then Application Control under Settings. There should now be an option displalyed to scan for Internet applications. Run this.

Now when thats done go back to the main Norton Firewall screen where you clicked on Assistant and click on the Personal Firewall bar to the left and select Internet Access Control from the list that drops down.

In here will be all the programs that Norton has seen trying to access the internet and the access rights it has. Look for the programs which you are having difficulty with and select the approprite level of access on the right hand side. (it may now be set correctly however after the scan).

Good Luck

its over a network

apps on the gateway can acsess the net but not on my system eg gamespy I can conect to the chat but i cant get a server list.
so i can not play any game on 2nd system or get a server list or auth

find something on your firewall that allows a program to amke your computer a server....

Similar thing happens to me using zone alarm. I have to turn it off to get any addresses coming through & play the game. :mad:

I personnaly dont like it, Norton 2002 VS and NeoWatch work best for me.

Bundles etc just screw everything up on my comp.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back