help needed - screen flickers during game

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by muzikool, Jan 27, 2003.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I downloaded a simple game called Dynomite from Popcap Games, and the game flickers when I play. I have a PIII 800 with 384 RAM and a 16MB NVidia card... which I believe is plenty. Attempted solutions have been uninstalling and reinstalling, changing to 800X600, changing to 16-bit color, playing both full-screen and windowed, and I even downloaded and installed DirectX 9. None of these attempts have fixed the problem yet. I've played this game on a laptop with lesser specs and had no problem whatsoever. When I say that the game flickers, usually the bottom half or so of the screen shifts back and forth every few seconds. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what else I should try? Thanks.

2. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

I've got that game!! its great!!

Have you tried changing your graphic card drivers? Might help. What drivers do you have now?

3. marnmacca

marnmacca Guest

Yep I agree - check for driver update and also possibly increase screen resolution.

4. muzikool

My NVidia driver is version 4.0.7.2, updated last on 9/27/02. I've also tried resolution of 800x600, 1024 and 1152... no success yet. I haven't checked NVidia's site yet for an updated driver, but the one I have installed is the latest that I found on Windows Update.

5. muzikool

I updated the NVidia driver for my card, and the game works fine so far. Looks like everything is gonna be ok... thanks for the help!