HELP...MY TASK BAR (Start menu) GONE?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by JohnnyB, May 5, 2002.

1. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Guest

I have just started using XP and my Start menu (Task Bar (I Think?)along bottom of screen) has dissapeared. Does anyone know how to get it back?

Muchos Grazis to anyone who can help.

John

2. sphere

sphere Guest

what happens when you press the windows key?

3. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Guest

Nothing

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

have you nudged it down to a thin line at the bottom of the screen ???? I seem to manage to do that after a good saturday night out..... ( or delete C:\windows was my new years special)

5. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Guest

Unfortunately not. I have tried all the usual suspects but to no avail.
    I am sure there is some quirky XP setting/button combo that I need to do to get things right but I am at a loss as to what it is?

Regards,

V V Frustrated from London

6. sphere

sphere Guest

change the resolution to something higher and then change it back.

have u installed and desktop substitute programs lately? like desktopX or windowsblinds?

7. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Guest

Have tried the resolution and re-checked my keyboard settings - still no luck.

My Start-up bar is just not there! I am running out of ideas now... 'arghhh'

8. Fhuising

Fhuising Guest

As a last resort, I would just reinstal windows xp, or use quick recovery to a point when it was fine.

Fhuising

9. Timmot

Timmot Guest

try 2 enlage it

if you put your mouse pointer over the thin strip at the bottom of your screen the mouse pointer should change into an arrow, just left click and hold and pull up your task bar again . . .:D

10. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Guest

I am now thinking that the only option left is 'Fhuising's' (thanks for the advice).
    My screen is doing something weird - when you have a window open and you drag it around moving partially 'off screen' - when it has been on the bottom of the screen and you drag it back up, a black 'paint' effect appears from a section 'off' screen, making me think that something is amiss!??

11. Azeraphale

Azeraphale Guest

It's possibly your video drivers that are causing your problems... have you gone to the manufacturers' site and installed the latest versions?