help me with my two problems pleaseeeee

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by VenomXt, Aug 12, 2004.

1. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

all right this is driving me nutts. i use a logon on screen with style xp and back in the day a (few months ago) when i presed windows key and L it would drop me to that logon screen. even though i didnt use a password. but now it puts me to a box with my name and says password (isnt one) and all i gave to do is hit ok too get back.. id like to see my logon screen at this point... any ideas..

ok number two.. recently i have noticed that the option to turn the control panel to windows classic style has dissapered... and i cant seem to find out how to turn it back... I swear its like the option has disapered. .... any ideas thanks guys. (and girls :)

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Seems like the welcome screen was turned off. Try going to Control Panel>User Accounts, select "Change the way users log on or off" and check the Welcome Screen box.

3. VenomXt

no dice... keep the ideas coming.. id take apic of what it is doing but screen capture is diabled in the window.

4. VenomXt

(bump) any one with anymore ideas.. been googling things with no luck.

5. ThePatriot

ThePatriot -=[BOHICA!]=- Political User

The only thing that comes to mind that may adversly affect the user logon function is PCAnywhere. Specifically v.10.5. I recall something about it changing the logon/logoff procedure, but I dont remember what it actually messed with. Install it, or any remote-admin progs in the last few months? All I could think of man, hope it helps.

6. NetRyder

Ah, you also need to check the "Fast User Switching" box. That should do it.

7. NetRyder

Start>Run>gpedit.msc
    User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Control Panel
    Set "Force Classic Control Panel" to enabled.