Help me to trace my password!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by JasonV, Apr 9, 2002.

1. JasonV

JasonV Guest

Please help me to trace back my dial-up network's password, somehow I forgot the password and the password still hidden inside the WinXP.

As you know Windows will hidden the password if you're using the dial-up network. For Windows98 it'll uses asterisks (*) to hide it, but WinXP doesn't have any of it. There're some programs which can visible the asterisks around but I can't find any for WinXP. Need help BADLY!!!

JasonV

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Actually if winxp has the PW save dit should show the asteriks....so i'm thinking you somehow erased it completely...best thing to do would be call your ISP and have them change it, sorry man.

3. JasonV

JasonV Guest

For some reason I can't able to check the password with my ISP. There must be some ways to trace it, ppl plz help!

4. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

you cant call and ask them, im not talking about trying on the website, they should be able to verify that you are you over the phone. or they are just a crappy ISP :)

Brad

5. Hope

Hope Guest

In the case you do see the asterisks, is there a way to reveal those on xp?

6. JasonV

JasonV Guest

But WinXP doesn't even let you see the asterisks at all, that's the problem there. Tried to seek for some password recovery programs but still no luck. Help!!!

7. jw50

jw50 OSNN Senior Addict

If it was easy to recover passwords then there wouldn't be much point in having them. You should call your ISP, have then reset your password to whatever default that they use, then you can log in with the default password and then change the password to whatever you want it to be.