Help !! Getting re-directed to a URL for some unknown reason !!!!!

P

Phantom_24

Once last night ang again this morning, while going to 2 COMPLETE different sites...something re-directed me to this site !!

http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar/en/donate.html

Now, I only have WinAmp running (NOT Kazaa)....but I also have KazaaLite installed on the system, as well as run Ad-aware at least once a week. The only other peice of potential shareware/freeware I've installed lately is Boot XP and the latest version of WinRar (3.0)

Anyone have any ideas ?!?!?

Like I mentioned....when this re-direct happens, Kazaa is not running AT ALL...not even in the sys tray, and the re-direct is a full screen page re-direct, not a pop up!!

Have you downloaded and installed any software by Sqr Soft, AR lately? (no clue what they make/sell)

Not that I know of.....

One other thing I remembered I have installed recently is OmniPage Pro 11....which does run something in the system when it boots up. But I've paid near $100....so they better not be bitching for more money....hehehe!

:D

Have you run a virus scan since? If not, give that a go.

okay, scratch that. xsiv found it.

I also have Kazaalite installed and have noticed that after the first time i launch the program and then close it to the tray it redirects to an ad. it only does it on the first time i close it to the tray from then on i never see any more adds

Bryan

Never mind......

I figured it out.....hehehe...I'm an idiot !!

It's from an output plug-in (cross-fader) I grabbed last week from WinAmp!! Hehehe...which makes sense since I get re-directed when WinAmp is running....(hey I don't remember EVERY maker of EVERY plug-in !!)

Sorry Folks !!

Whew....at least I'm not Spywared !!

Re: Never mind......

Originally posted by Phantom_24

It's from an output plug-in (cross-fader) I grabbed last week from WinAmp!! Hehehe...which makes sense since I get re-directed when WinAmp is running....(hey I don't remember EVERY maker of EVERY plug-in !!)

That's what xsiv said =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back