Help! frequency out of range

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by sindustrial777, Jun 21, 2006.

1. sindustrial777

sindustrial777 OSNN Addict

I messed up big time! When fiddeling with my settings in ati's catalyst control center i accidently put the resolution on a setting my monitor cannot function at. Now when i boot up and pass the boot menus and stuff which are at a low res, and i get to my main desktop (which I want back at 1024x768) it says frequency out of range on my monitor and theres nothing i can do. The only reason i can send this message is because of safe mode + networking. I've tried a lot of things such as getting into catalyst by safe mode (that doesnt detect video card) and I tried unplugging and replugging my card but its obviously the catalyst driver which is on my harddrive. I do have onboard video but dont know how to revert to that to switch the settings. I'm in quite a pickle and could use some help. I have a ATI x700 Pro PCI-E.

2. pokerblogger

pokerblogger OSNN Addict Folding Team

Remove your video card driver via the windows control panel add/remove programs dialogue. Reboot. Re-install Catalyst.

3. sindustrial777

sindustrial777 OSNN Addict

*3 cheers for system restore!!*

Knocked my PC back to the settings it had as of sunday with system restore in safe mode and that did the trick! Thanks for the suggestions though.

4. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Just for future reference you can boot up in safe mode and remove the drivers then reboot into normal windows and reinstall. Might be easier, and wont lose any other settings and such.

5. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

Remove the drivers would have been easier. But at least you got it fixed.

6. a dreams forever

a dreams forever OSNN Addict

start up in vga mode next time.