Help! Flash sites won't load!

SkazzyUK

XP-erience Oldie
XP Pro with SP2, wont even let me use windows update because it use's active-x!

What can I do! our work website requires Flash and it lets me install it but then says i still dont have it even when its installed! it must be the new **** that xp has installed, but i have turned off the windows firewall

Cheers!

ad

It's not the firewall - it's inside IE - go to tools > Internet Options > Programs > Manage Add-Ons, see what you find there for ActiveX and if that helps you...

Let me know (there may be one other place to enable also)...

Just says its Enabled it will let me 'update active-x' on just flash, but then it says there are no updates, any other ideas?

cheers!

ad

OK go to the internet options tab again - select security, custome level, and check out your activeX there also - think that was the one I had to revisit after SP2 (you do realise ActiveX is a HUGE security issue, right?

FIXED! was in security had disabled Active-X from running scripts and that!

ad

so gimme the reps Skazzy ;) :p

Serisouly though - glad to help, gives me a nice warm feeling :) :cool:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back