Heatttt Issues

Bootsy said:
Well Ive tried this the other way, having the exhausts in the back, but this adds on about 4-5 degrees. I also have 2 hard drives and the heat doesnt bother them too much. If the heat gets to be too much for the hd, you could always use hard drive coolers. To each his own I guess, environmental variables play a role too...ie where is the freshest air?...

Gary, bottom line: you need a better heatsink. I got a thermaltake volcano 7+ and it works well...it is a bit louder than the stock btw.
I don't have an opinion on this myself to be honest. Yes, the rear exhaust takes out heat, and yes, the rear intake can help lower the cpu temp.
I open the side panel and leave it open if my cpu gets too hot since I don't use a rear fan. If anything, I'd rather stick an extra fan on the side to blow more air towards the cpu and erm.. the BUS or whatever the onboard one is called.

not sure what to do anymore :(
does anyone know if motherboard monitor works with this board....

ECS LV7MM2

Well, first things first, check that your HSF is working properly. Use AS3/5 if need be. AS5 has very little difference in terms of performance (to home users anyway). Not worth the money to be honest.

Next would be to try rear exhaust/intake to see which suits your situation better.

ming said:
I don't have an opinion on this myself to be honest. Yes, the rear exhaust takes out heat, and yes, the rear intake can help lower the cpu temp.
I open the side panel and leave it open if my cpu gets too hot since I don't use a rear fan. If anything, I'd rather stick an extra fan on the side to blow more air towards the cpu and erm.. the BUS or whatever the onboard one is called.
I used to do this myself on my old system. I even had a little desk fan that I would use after 2-3 hours of heavy UT gaming hehe

I had to use my desk fan last summer coz I had no time to go out and get a replacement for my GPU fan and the friggin PSU fan.

gona work on gettin that new hsf for sure

got AS 3 on there right now..maybe get some AS 5 with the new hsf

anyone got ne opinion on what the best hsf might be..not toooo much $$$ tho lol

and as for the rear intake/exhaust fan i have no place to put it case wasn't designed for one..sooo yea..cant do much about that..

Gary

Your fan setup is optimal so don't mess with it.

The 50 C is a little high for that chip, but considering you're using the POS AMD fan, not unexpected. A better HSF will make for better cooling. I like the Volcano 9 for price and features. Everyone has their own favorite.

You need to be sure that you did not put too much or too little AS on it and that you left a smooth clean surface after you scraped off the thermal pad. If both those are good that's as good as you'll get with the stock HSF.

Does that board have the little pop up sensor under the CPU or does it use the CPU internal diode?

The temp of every setup will vary a little. The MB accuracy, the CPU diode accuracy, and the amount of heat the CPU dissipates at a given speed varies. CPU dissipation is one of the things that makes the difference between an XP2100 and an XP3000. You might have just struck out on the CPU lottery (you got one that runs too hot to overclock).

Set the overheat at 65 deg C. With 50 C at idle you will rarely see over 55 C even when gaming so the temp you have is fine.

PS I just bought a cheapie ECS board and am loving it.

gonna b lookin into a new hsf

and i was hopin the fan setup wud b ite
im gonna get another 80mm n put it on the side panel..(2nd one) its gonna b goin over the pci/agp slots but hopefully if there is any hot air like previously posted in that area then it should be pushed upwards..hopefully this works..gonna work it all out and c what happens

yea got socks on n still cold might need a second pair lol so im guessin ambient temp is GOOD enough lol

do you know
if motherboard monitor supports my board
and if so..which sensors..
i have tried diff sensors
got temps up to 114..and some even at like 34...
but when i go in the bios the cpu temp is at about 50 (right when i start up and enter bios or when i restart and enter bios)

Friend of Bill said:
It's an AMD, they run warm.
Considering that AMD processors consume less power than Intel ones, I guess it doesn't get as warm as an Intel processor. :p

I have an ECS board and my Athlon XP used to run quite hot till i replaced the side fan with a tube (speaker bass reflex tube from Maplin), the cpu fan sucks cold outside air straight onto the HS, theres also one case fan at the back blowing out and a dual fan PSU. MBM should work with your board, use diode 2 for the CPU and diode 3 for the case, diode 1 will give a false reading.

CC

Below is a link to the forum for the ECS board I have, have always managed to find useful info here.

http://pub140.ezboard.com/bk7s5amotherboardforum

CPU
1 gives -55
diode 1 gives 115
2 gives 42
diode 2 gives 8
3 gives -55
diode 3 gives 113

when going into the bios the temperature reads at about 50*C and these ones in mbm 5 give me around 43*C...which one would be correct?..

I don't have a clue. My Gigabyte board gives very similar readings in the bios and in Windows.

just ran super pi and put it to run for 4M

CPU
2 went up from 41 to 45
and diode 2 went up from 8 to about 27

whats going on :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back