Having problems signing in to the MSN Communications Service

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tw@, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Tw@

Tw@ Guest

Im having a problem with my MSN messenger service in regards to signing in to the communications service. It always fails to sign me in and I get the message"signing in to the communications service failed because the service is temporarily unavailable"

I am using my email address that I set up for it initially (hotmail) so I dont see what the problem is.

Anybody got any experience with this whole .net business that could give some advice?

Also as a side issue but related, I see that the .net framework is available for download for Win XP from the update site, is it worth the 2 1/2 hour download?

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I don't use the communicatiosn service myself, just untick the box if you are unsure what it is.

3. Tw@

Tw@ Guest

What box?

when you right click the MSN Icon you get the option to sign in or sign out, if I double click the icon the messenger box pops up fine showing that Im online but if I click sign in I get the communications service is temporarily unavailable message?

I was wondering if this is because the service hasnt been set up yet and would require the download of the .net framework?

Has anyone downloaded the framework yet?

Thanxs for the reply anyway.