hardware shopping advice from me to you

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dubstar, Apr 24, 2003.

1. dubstar

dubstar format c:

I went ahead and edited the title of the thread to hardware SHOPPING since that is basically what this thread is about :)

cheers..

2. All I have to say to that is "lol".

But never buy hardware off Ebay or any other auction sites.
    You never know if it works.

3. Indomidable

Indomidable Guest

I second SmokingWeed3000, if it doesn't say warrenty then don't touch it with a 10ft pole.

Although I've bought from them in the past.

Remember this WARRANTY..... no warranty, or no guarantee, then DON'T buy it.

4. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Re: hardware advice from me to you

Oh man, that sucks! I just gave away a 650 SlotA CPU because it was sitting in my parts bin for so long and I wanted to clear things out a bit.

5. freightgod

freightgod Confused and Bewildered

dubstar, you've got class, even if you need reading glasses!

Some ahole won my auction on this item and I haven't heard from him since (shameless plug for an item that will be back on eBay in a couple of days)...

So hat tip to dubstar for living up to his end of a bad bargain!

6. JohnnyGreb

JohnnyGreb Guest

Agreed, for new hardware, always get a guarantee. I've also made the mistake of buying the wrong part due to not paying attention (both my fault and the sellers, though), but it all worked out in the end.
    Getting ready to put some older stuff up again. I've been "cleaning the closet" out of all this stuff I have. Ancient stuff, really, just to give it a new home mostly as I have a hard time throwing anything away.

-Ryandor

7. dubstar

dubstar format c:

that actually made me feel better about my misfortune. you should start a business.. but dont quit your day job:happy: