HALO Performance

Aw poo...changing resolution didn't help. Have you heard anything else on sound?

you have an audigy 2 don't you? might be a driver issue I've heard they are kinda flaky...

Could be...honestly Creative has had the worst driver support. I'm using the KX drivers instead because they're more stable and have more features. Maybe Creative's will work better for Halo [sigh...]

Turn of the speculative effects (as mentioned earlier).

Originally posted by Teddy
Turn of the speculative effects (as mentioned earlier).

Thank's lad. That makes the game much smother. I can now run it on 1024x768. Mind you I've been having sound problems with it as well. Some of the speaking cut's out. Got a sound blaster audigy so that might explain thing's.

One other thing. Did everyone get it working first time? When I tried to run it I got a box that came up saying some problem with my graphics card so I tried it using win 98 compatibility mode. Works no problem with that. Who else had problems with this?

I never said it ran crap on my system did i!!

its Slows badly at 1240x1078x32 on my system with my specs, My aquamarks score is 40045 marks!!

bench marks don't mean anything anymore, and you still said the game was crap (which is your opinion and your more then welcome to have it) and took a personal crack at me. Which I won't tolerate. your lucky you got the G rated version of my post. Its not mine nor any other CG members fault that gearbox can't fix/implement everything we suggest or bug. you think the game is crap? sell it on ebay and never mention it again no one forced you to buy it. if you even did.

Originally posted by Krux
Which I won't tolerate. your lucky you got the G rated version of my post.

Damn...dont be so dramatic. This thread is about Halo remember!

I can easily run Halo at 1600x1200x32. Maybe you guys could try to eliminate unneeded services to free up CPU usage for Halo. I keep my computer clean, so it can run just about anything, but it's also pretty fast. You could maybe try to defragment your hard drive. I've seen people who get huge boosts across the board from defragmenting.

well when some one says a game is crap then specifically points me out because he knew i was working on halo and says I didn't do a good job I tend to get pissed its like me saying your girl/wife is ugly and you just didn't try very hard, she/it could have been better. how could you not take that personally? he didn't know the time contraints he didn't know what we had to work with he had/has no right to take personal shots at me saying its my fault it doesn't run well on his pc. he says its runs like crap how he runs it, most people don't try to run it that high because there smart enough to realise its a direct x 9 game with massive amounts of bump mapping and reflective surfaces.

Hey, I'm completely backing you up there, Krux. Halo for the PC seriously rocks.

I had optimized shadders some where saved on my computer if I can find them ill post them they could improve performance for some of you.

thx wess i know u are. last post was directed towards teddy for saying i was dramatic :)

SO do you have noticeable lag in the game or are you complaining about the readings on FRAPS?

If it is just the FRAPS readings is there any chance FRAPS is interacting with the game and slowing it down?

there is a bench mark built into halo.

if you want to see some general numbers.

****back up your saves b4 you do this****

right click on the shortcut to halo and in the target line type -timedemo then launch halo and let it do its thing it will then dump a txt file in your halo dir with a few stats. post what you guys are getting.

Originally posted by Krux
there is a bench mark built into halo.

if you want to see some general numbers.

****back up your saves b4 you do this****

right click on the shortcut to halo and in the target line type -timedemo then launch halo and let it do its thing it will then dump a txt file in your halo dir with a few stats. post what you guys are getting.

I'd rather you guys start a new thread for halo benchmark numbers... make it easier to discern items in this thread...

FRAPS - I only ran it once to get a readout of the changing framerates. FRAPS doesn't interact with any game. It's report of the number of frames the video card is generating.

Creative - I don' t think they actually have driver support. :p

speculative effects - OK what are speculative effects?

:D You're right! I think Creative has whatever the opposite of customer service is. I will never showlloyalty to a product just because I own it. My next sound card is going to be a Guillemot or Turtle Beach.

Specular effects are the shiny surfaces you see on various textures throughout the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back