Halo 2 3D screenshot

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by ElementalDragon, May 29, 2004.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

ok...... i know of all the videos and stuff that are going around of multiplayer and stuff....... but from the looks of the 3D screenshots...... seems like absolutely NOTHING changed graphics or creature-wise.

go here and scroll to the bottom of the page for the high res and low res 3d screenshots.

2. dom02

dom02 OSNN Junior Addict

Looks awesome I love these 3D screenshots.

Did that elite take out all 3 marines?

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Actually I think the 3D screenshot is just crap quality. You cannot say a game will be awesome or bad just based on screenshots, btw.

4. Graebob

Graebob Generally Random

The graphics are fairly similar. From what I can see the general feel has been continued from 1-2, but in the high res multiplayer video I downloaded it becomes clear that despite the graphics LOOKING the same, the detail is much clearer. The models used in game are of a higher quality and the textures are nicer.

Personally, I like it. I don't think there's gonna be too many HUGE graphical advances in the future, as far as I can see the main improvement will be more detailed modelling and programming. In Halo 2, you can blow the hubcaps off the Warthog :D

5. ElementalDragon

o_87..... if only the people saying that about the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker saw things the way you do. i got sick of all the people before it was released saying "eew. why did they cell shade it? it looks ghey. i'm not going to buy it." Game still pwned anything out there.

I still don't like Halo 1 or 2 whether they look good or not.

6. Grandmaster

I own Zelda: Wind Waker and I love it. I'm not one of those people who judge a game just on screenshots ;)

7. dom02

dom02 OSNN Junior Addict

Yea I agree with you on zelda. They were cell shaded graphics but they did an amazing job with it. I think most people where just disapointed that they changed the look part way through the development.

Also the lighting in halo2 is suppose to be much better than the first. And you can't always tell the difference by screenshots, you need to see the game in action.

8. ElementalDragon

they didn't change the look part way through development. if you're talking about the sweet vid they had at SpaceWorld 2000, that's now going to be the next Zelda which is coming out "soon"

9. Grandmaster

The new Zelda looks really good too.

10. ElementalDragon

o_87, i believe the new zelda IS the one that was shown at SpaceWorld 2000. they were probably working on it in the background.

11. Grandmaster

You're probably right.

12. Vetrius

Vetrius Coenfidentialityism

Awesome pic so far... but i'm not really getting into all the halo 2 hype unless i hear that its coming out for comp