Half-Life 2 to Shine on Xbox

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Hsn, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Hsn

Hsn King

That is very sweet news for people who don't have a high end gaming PC, like me. I am definitely looking forward to this. :)

2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Sweetness! I wonder how well it will run...

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

I expect it'll run quite well however with reduced graphic quality as a sideeffect of the xbox inferior hardarw and data sotrage/processing capacity

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

wow.... didn't think Valve would release it for something other than PC. doesn't seem like it'd be the best way to play the game. can't imagine it looking quite as good. and i like how they always use the "for people who don't have a high end PC" excuse. HL2 don't need that high end of a PC. and what if you have a VERY low end PC and don't have an xbox? that means they'd either have to upgrade their computer, or pay $200+ for an xbox and the game.....

5. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

there is more money in consol games. I have a feeling this has something to do with it. Allthough valve made a sh*t load of money on the pc version of halflife 2 , especially since half life 2 was basically un pirated for the most part. STEAM evil STEAM. hehe

edit: i really need to start reading what i type more. That made no sense before hehe.

6. ElementalDragon

yeah..... guess that's something they didn't count on. xbox seems like it has the easiest games to copy for a console. all you really seem to need is a DVD burner and a mod chip. and i think the money is the same between console and PC games..... just that FPS's don't seem as popular on console's.

7. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

hehe hey maybe the xbox version will neeed xbox live to connect to steam lol.. that would be so funny hehe,

8. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Probably like Doom3, runs well, but looks crap compared to it's PC counter-part. The Xbox may well be the most powerful console out there, hardly comparative to a beefy PC with a 6800/X850 under the hood though :)

Now that would amuse me :D

9. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

drunk or tired ?

j/k but damn did you see what that looked like after ?

10. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

Halo 2? :suprised: :p

11. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Heh yeah. The most popular game on the Xbox there is. :D

12. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

Best game evar!!!1111 :laugh:

13. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

I think you lie. :p

14. ElementalDragon

yeah..... that's ONE good FPS on a current generation console, which to me isn't that great, but i'm stopping what more i say on that part there....... and it's not like you can get it for PC (yet), so you have no choice but to play it on Xbox. what were the better FPS's of earlier generations? Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, just to name a few. hmm...... speaking of which..... i haven't heard any news about the Perfect Dark: Source mod in a while..... wonder how that's movin along.

15. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Perfect Dark 0 should hopefully be out on Xenon, but Rare take a decade to make a single game...

16. Hsn

Hsn King

17. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Looks good! :)

18. CoDeNcE

CoDeNcE Gene Yuss?

I have not played half-life 2 but i really liked the first one so i'd ratehr see that one come out than the second one... maybe that will change??