GTAIII - Windows XP

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by sammy5gs, Jul 18, 2002.

1. sammy5gs

sammy5gs Ignorance Defined

Hey Guys...

I am running an AMD Duron 750Mhz, with 512MB PC133 RAM, WinXP Home Edition, and a 64MB ATI Radeon 7200 video card.

Now, when I start the game, all is fine. It is when I am in the middle of a mission, or racing through the streets of Liberty the computer slows to a screeching halt and goes frame-by-frame, literally.

What do you think the problem is? My processor? Video Card? I have the most updated drivers, and even though it isn't by much, I met the minimum requirements for the game. Any advice, thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

2. jimi_81

jimi_81 Moderator Political User

Stoney Creek, ON, Canada
    Hey there, have you downloaded the winxp patch?
  3. sammy5gs

sammy5gs Ignorance Defined

Yep. I ran the executable (Eng) and still same deal.
  4. Shawn319

Shawn319 Guest

Try turning down the Draw Distance (aka clipping plane). other than that, it may be your 3D card drivers.
  5. OTE

OTE Guest

The reason for this si cause there is a memory leak where the memory isnt being cleared fast enough and it runs out eventually and the game slows down.

I can play GTA3 for about 30/45 mins and then it slow right down and ive got a 1.4 athlon, radeon 8500, 256Mb DDR. This is a good game but its full of bugs:(
  6. koko

koko Got Root?

Columbia, S.C.
    my guess.

your video card.

ati craps out on a lot of games. do a google search for ati patch for gta3.
  7. Heh, weird thing, because i have only Geforce 1 DDR and not too much problems with graphic, but textures some way goes weird.

It's it only Ati's problem? I guess so...
  8. Try turning off any unnecessary apps like realplayer, icq, media sharing apps. I do this and it usually helps a bit, but yeah I think theres something like a memory leak because on my rig it runs ok for about 20-30 min and then stutters badly.