gta: vice city

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by vivid_vibe, Apr 4, 2004.

1. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the resolution settings on this game. Any above 800x600 produce a black bar on the right side of the monitor. It's as if the picture isn't centered properly. On top of that, I tried enabling widescreen under the screen option to see if that would make any difference, and it doesn't work under any resolution. Anybody had this experience? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

vivid

2. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Try turning to screen resolution down as far as it will go.Thats what my son had to do cause he was also having problems.Works fine now :)

3. Graebob

Graebob Generally Random

There was a fix released for certain video cards, upgrading your VC game to v1.1. It was an official patch, but if you hunt around at somewhere like http://www.codenamevice.co.uk you should be able to find it :)

4. Dan04

Dan04 OSNN Addict

just wondering have you got the latest drivers for your motherboard and video card? i had trouble with the game tried the patch and still didnt work and then oneday new drivers came out and all of a sudden i could play the game :)

5. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

I do have the most recent drivers for my mobo and video card. I also applied the patch to vice city to bring it to version 1.1, to no avail. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I suppose I'm doomed to run it in 800x600.

vivid

6. toretto

toretto Mentally Absent

i run it at 1024x768, with no problems, just hit the buttons on your monitor, i know i mine, i had to set it up, as far as the boarders, for that resolution

vivid_vibe likes this.