GTA - San Andreas confirmed!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Glaanieboy, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

All rumours until now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :w00t:

(this picture was sent to me through the Rockstar games e-mail mailing list)

2. Kush

Kush High On Life!

Yes!!!

3. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

I am glad they took San Andreas, hills, hills, hills == m0hr stuntz!

4. XpGuy1

XpGuy1 Mindless Poster

Yeah!!!!!! this is what i've been waiting for!!!! awww man october can't get here fast enough.. i'll be putting my deposit down one of the first copies as soon as we are able to...

5. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

""In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," said Sam Houser, president of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

"We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values," added Leslie Benzies, president of Rockstar North."

6. Kush

Kush High On Life!

GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS ANNOUNCED

Rockstar Games is pleased to announce Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the next iteration in the globally successful Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and is expected to be in stores in North America on October 19, 2004 and in Europe on October 22, 2004. "In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," stated Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands." Leslie Benzies, President of Rockstar North, stated, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values." Over 30 million units of the Grand Theft Auto franchise have been shipped to date, including over 11.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and over 10.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto 3.

IT SAYS EXCLUSIVLEY FOR PS2 NOOOO!!!!!! i hope they decide to make it for pc

7. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Course they will....dont fret.

8. Kush

Kush High On Life!

well ill convert it to pc since im the top programmer in vb LOL

9. Kush

Kush High On Life!

10. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Vice City was also exclusively for the PS2, but that contract only stretches out to a certain time period, in this case, one year. VC for Ps2 was launched Okt 2002, VC for the XBox was launched Nov 2003. Same goes for SA.

11. Kush

Kush High On Life!

yeah well all they need to do after they finish it for ps2 is just convert everything i guess so for pc it should come out soon after the ps2 version

12. RagnaroK

RagnaroK Must be dreaming...

Meh... just bring it to the PC and make it snappy. :D

13. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Awesome! Can't wait for it :D

14. Hsn

Hsn King

Sweet! Man, so many good games are coming this fall, HL2, Halo 2, MGS 3, GTA San Andreas just to name a few. ;) :p

15. Glass

Glass sgàthan ìnnleachd

Don't bet on it hsn.

16. Hsn

Hsn King

I guess you are right. Anything can happen. ;)

17. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

Quote from recent HL2 press conference:

"We are currently aiming for a late 2011 release date"

:p

18. ~bk

~bk I Political User

^ lol :D

19. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

I still have to fully play the first two :(

20. ~bk