Group Similar Taskbar Buttons

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by NotBold_Fortune, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Sorry if this is in the wrong area...I just can never figure out where to put a question. Seems like this should be under a User Interface heading.

You know the "Group similar taskbar buttons" setting you get to by right-clicking on your Taskbar and selecting Properties? Is there another place that this setting can be applied or (un-applied? :eek: ).

I can't get them to stop grouping.

Thanks.

2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

With Tweak Ui you can modify this setting. Or directly in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced - TaskbarGroupSize

3. Thanks, yoyo. I didn't fully understand my problem when I posted that question.

I think I'm more in need of finding out where I can make a setting change. The problem is more like this:

Right now my Taskbar is displaying the opened windows to the right of it, with up and down arrows to select the window I want to maximize or minimize. It's not the "Group Similar taskbar Buttons" option in the Taskbar Options. That displays itself totally different.

4. yoyo

yoyo _________________

I have never seen such a behaviour. Are you running any third party applications? Perhaps you could post a little screenshot of it.

5. Don't know if my attaching the screen shot will work or not.

This and a couple of other goofy things started happening when I downloaded, and then uninstalled Windows Media Player beta.

6. I figured it out. I unlocked my Taskbar, and then slid the dotted line to the left-side of it. I guess when it's to the right it looks like this.

Thanks, yoyo.:)