Google..

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by JJH35, Feb 28, 2003.

1. JJH35

JJH35 OSNN Addict

why is googles search considered so good, ive noticed on nearly all my searches, that yahoo's results are the same as google'...

2. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Stranger Than Kindness Political User

yahoo is google, a friendlier version if you like.

3. JohnnyGreb

JohnnyGreb Guest

Look at the very last line on any yahoo search page:

"Search Technology provided by Google"

:blink:

That should answer your question.

-JG

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

lol... true...

btw the system google uses to display websites is quite good... generally speaking... better than most other engines I have used... google tends to generate more hits for certain topics that I use quite a bit in the technical field as compared to others.. and I also enjoy the simple interface :)

because of this... google is used quite a bit more than other search engines... and is also considered a better engine... and therefore some sites use the technology in their own search 'engines' :)

5. UberBert

UberBert Guest

yep, i think one of the of the other factors is that it is so easy to use, not like some other ones....

-Bert

6. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

Nice and simple is always good!!

7. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

yeah no pop ups, no annoying long website with all these links. just a line and search and stuff. and that nice IMage feature! i love that!!!!!

8. Infinite0

Infinite0 Universal Translator

i like the fact that there are no ads. i also like the nifty new news feature. :)

9. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Yes, their news feature is really good, so is image search.

Last time I was doing a project, needed images of apples, so I search for apples, and wee, a few hundred pages will with..errr...apples :p

10. Scatophobe

Scatophobe Guest

It'll be a long time until someone figures out a better searching technique than google.

I believe right now that google determines website importance by how many people link that page... but it's a little more complicated than that, because the importance of the page that links them is also important. It's like a never ending cycle of linking.